Pulpit

The pulpit is a memorial to The Right Reverend Alexander Gregg, first Bishop of Texas, who was elected at a Diocesan Convention at Trinity Church on May 6, 1959 and consecrated at the General Convention in Richmond, Virginia later that year on October 13. He arrived in Galveston on December 8 and it was here that he performed his first acts as our Bishop on Sunday, December 11, 1859.